Our little lazy bones still refuses to sit up. And still no signs of crawling. She is, however, and champion roller! She rolls and rolls, and covers an unbelievable amount of space. I try to entice her to crawl by putting her favorite toys just out of her reach (her favorite "toy" being the tv remote!) and instead of creeping toward it, she just rolls every which way until she gets it! It's really unbelievable! She's like, "why would I crawl when I get there twice as fast rolling?!" If rolling were an Olympic sport, I think we'd have a contender for the 2024 Games! She continues to be a good stander. For Avery it's only horizontal or vertical...nothing in between! I think she may skip sitting and crawling all together and go straight to running!
My usually incredibly laid back lady had her first tantrum yesterday. I was reading her a book (her fav "Where is Baby's Belly Button" a gift from Auntie Kit) and it was finished so I closed it and went to put it away and she got super mad! So, I opened it back up and voila, happy baby returned! It was pretty cute and I loved that she showed some spunk, but I also saw my future in that tantrum, and got scared...

5 comments:
You need to print this out and when she tries to go out with tights as a teenager, remind Luke that it is HIS fault! ;-)
Not all babies crawl... no biggie.
And the tantrums... no comment. We've had a few lately, but usually they pass quickly. I have decided that my own attitude determines how bad the tantrum really is/was.
I am laughing SO HARD right now, Meg!!! OMG...that outfit Luke put her in is hilarious. I can just see him contemplating an outfit and then selecting that...it's great! Does she stand alone???? It looks like she is in that one pic! Carson is starting to cruise the couch but his legs are still wobbly. He's on the go, though...his crawling is getting faster and faster. I'm sure Aves goes just as fast while rolling!
Talk soon - I will skype you this week.
Meg, nice inclusion of Moo, Baa, La La La in the photos -- a classic and one of Carson's favorites. He also wants nothing but the TV remote (he is even beyond the attempted use of an old remote without batteries - he gives me the "dad, this one doesn't light up or change channels" look). Great pics of Aves. I don't see the problem with the way Luke dressed her?? :)
Meg, that post is hilarious!! I guess Luke gets an A for effort ;) Avery is so adorable, I can't believe how big she is getting...hope all is well with you guys!
just found your website from another website. your daughter is so cute!!
Post a Comment