Thursday, February 19, 2009

8 Months Old!!!

Avery's first trip to the park. She was mildly amused. I think she was thinking "dude, can I get some shades?"

Practicing walking. I'm pretty good!

"No, seriously, can I get some sun glasses?"


Somehow Avery turns 8 months old tomorrow! Where has the time gone?! I can't believe how much she changes and learns each day. She started saying "Dada," which of course makes Luke beam. She also has started waving hi and bye (or hola and adios in these parts). She uses both arms and waves them wildly. It's so adorable. She looks like a little bird about to take flight!

Avery's laziness has reached new heights this week. She has started picking toys up with her feet and then transferring them to her hands to play with. All to avoid sitting up, or heaven forbid, crawling. It is actually very impressive. I will post a video of her in action as soon as our flip video camera arrives with Grans and Gramps Welch (AHHH! I can't wait to see them! 2 more days!!!!!)

Aves had her 8 month check-up today. She's 28 inches long (90th percentile) and almost 18 lbs (50th percentile). I mentioned Avery's animosity to sitting up to the doctor, so she had me sit her on the table, and of course, she sat there, perfectly, smiling, like a champion sitter! Seriously, why do kids always make a liar out of you?!?! Needless to say, the doctor was far from worried about her progress. She was actually quite impressed by her standing prowess.

4 comments:

Marco Family said...

Time flies! Donovan can't wait to meet his future girlfriend!
Those FLIP cameras are awesome! I love ours, it is easy to carry and send videos from. Good Buy!

Take care Recker's and hurry home!

Maria said...

I love the flip too. :)

Avery looks like she was having a good time at the park. You and Luke too. :)

patri said...

hi megan!!

what funny pictures!!!
Avery looks like she was having a good time at the park.
you are very handsome in all the pictures
bye,Recker family
see you

Sara Wagner said...

hi megan - i havent met or spoken with you - but i linked to your blog from the basketwives blog. our little girl is just a couple weeks older than yours - and i was laughing out loud at some of the things they are doing the same...avery is very cute! hope you guys are having a good season :)