Tuesday, January 6, 2009

2009: The Year of the Avery

Looking happy with Grandma and Grandpa. She loves her "Bitty Baby" American Girl doll!
My sweet pea :)

Looking like such a big girl in her high chair with her sippy cup (btw...she loooves water! go figure!) We play "Uh oh" whenever she sits in her chair...she drops stuff (measuring spoons are her favorite) and waits til I say "uh oh!" and she smiles her head off.

Too much partying



Happy New Year everyone! 2008 was the best year of my life, so I'm wondering how 2009 can possibly top it!!!?? We rung in the new year with Luke's mom and step dad, who were here visiting. It was great to see them. They enjoyed spending time with their granddaughter. Avery loved all of the extra attention and kisses (not to mention all of the Christmas presents!). They left last Friday, and Luke has been on the road every day except Sunday since then, so Avery is looking at me like "Where did everyone go? You're kinda boring, mom!"
We are enjoying Avery more than ever! Her cute little personality emerges more each day. She smiles all the time and is "maa, baa, gaa, daa-ing" nonstop! She has two little teeth on the bottom and I think the top two aren't far behind. Mealtime is still kind of a struggle. She has accepted fruit, but veggies are a no-go. Her eyes water, she gags, and then refuses to open her mouth if I offer her any type of veggie. I try to sneak some peas or carrots in with her fav avocado, but she usually catches on by the third bite, and then it's uh-uh, no way!

6 comments:

Maria said...

She's always smiling! Well, except that second pic where she looks a bit concerned. Maybe because you took the baby doll away? LOL!

Happy 2009 Recker family!

patri said...

hi meg!!!
She's always smiling!what wonderful pics!!!i love her new doll.
i hope you are good,and i hope that Avery isn't sick now
Happy 2009 Recker family!

erin said...

Meg! Oh my gosh, I am just catching up on your blog. Avery is amazing - each picture just gets cuter and cuter! I can't take it!!! You and Luke look fantastic and happy as well. And I loved the trivia on where you've spent your Christmases. So incredible.

Anyway, just saying hi and I miss you!

Patty said...

Hi,
She is such a cutie! 2009 will be great because there will be so many new moments with Avery. Enjoy! Love to all of you.
Patty

Marco Family said...

I can't believe how much she has grown, I can't wait to see her this summer! She is absolutly adorable! Love you guys!

Gina

Pecas said...

SO CUTE!! she looks great with grandma and poppa- awww looking at your page always makes me want to have babies!! hehe
ciao!! xox