Friday, January 16, 2009

Fruititarian


What a cool dude in Daddy's shades!

Snoozin with Dad



Chillaxin with mom

If it were up to little Avery, she'd eat nothing but fruit and water. (I wish some of that would rub off on mommy!) But, since that isn't gonna fly, I've really been trying to get her to eat other stuff. A surprise winner is pumpkin with cereal, and another dark horse is chicken coated with banana. I know, sounds nasty, but whatever works! Also, yogurt has been accepted into our repertoire. Ahh...progress!
Avery had kinda outgrown her little baby bath, so we got her a little ring/seat that secures her in a sitting position in the tub. Well, we gave it a go...and she freaked out! She started crying (mind you, this is abnormal in the Recker household!) so I grabbed her out of the tub and she clung to me for dear life! So, we've been trying to re-introduce it, but every time she sees the dreaded ring, she panics! So, the baby tub stays for now!
In a fun development, Avery has started to say "mama" this week! We're 90% sure she doesn't know the meaning of what she's saying, but it's still so sweet and melts my heart each time I hear it! So, needless to say (for everyone who knows Luke) daddy has REALLY stepped up his game in trying to get Avery to say "dada!" She's like "ma ma ma" and Luke immediately tells her "DA DA DA!!!!!" It's hilarious!

5 comments:

Maria said...

I can't help but laugh at mama vs dada wars. The Boy said mama first, but the first time he said it when calling for me from his crib in a sweet innocent voice, I just about lost it!

Jason Smith said...

I think Avery is building up to "mama, can I watch Daddy's high school bball highlight tape again?" Just wait, Lucas, your time will come! Deeckus is a tough first word for Baby Aves.

Courtney and Jason said...

Meg! Carson started saying "mama" too. Isn't it the best? Even though he has no idea what he's talking about...he knows how to get what he wants, for sure! :) Miss you guys...love the new pics of Avery. Her hair is getting so long!

Barb said...

LOVE the new pics - Avery is adorable. The one of her sleeping on Daddy is precious! All I can say is you guys need to start working on teaching Carson and Avery to say "Grandma"!! The heck with mama and dada!! :) We can't wait to meet your little princess in person one of these days! Maybe this summer in Vegas!

Baby Worthington said...

Luke and Megan, Avery is absolutely adorable!! I love that she said mama first. Everytime Jon goes to pick up Brayden he tells him to say dada.