(Note: she doesn't stand alone...Luke just moved his hands away for a second while I snapped the pic...she crumbled shortly thereafter. But she's a much better stander than sitter, she is kind of averse to sitting at the moment!)
Mom, I'm getting too old for these baby toys!
Avery had a check-up with her pediatrician last week and she's now 2'2" (26 inches...but we think it's hilarious to think of her in feet and inches!) and over 17 pounds! She's in the 90th percentile for baby girls her age. It's crazy because she really doesn't eat much at all. She's on the low end of what most babies her age and weight eat per day. She loves her cereal, but as I've started introducing new foods, she's less than excited. I tried bananas last week: Yuck. No thanks. And moved on to apples a couple of days later, which sent a shiver through her body and she promptly spit out. I keep trying (since I peeled, steamed, and mashed about a week's worth of apples!) but every day it gets rejected. Up next: Avocado. So, we'll see if she takes after me with my love of avocado!
Yesterday, as she was gnawing on my finger, I noticed something sharp in her mouth. Her first little tooth is making it's way! She's been drooling like crazy and chewing on everything for months now, so it doesn't come as a surprise, but still very exciting to us! (I'm sure it's like yawn city to most of you! haha!)
Luke is currently in Montenegro (in the former Yugoslavia) for the team's second game in Euro Cup. They won their first game last Tuesday against a Serbian team. They also won on Sunday in the Spanish league. And Luke's been playing really well. He's had a couple 20+ point games and is shooting much better. So, all good news to report on the basketball front!
We had a very low-key Thanksgiving. No family, no turkey, and two practices. So, a pretty standard European Thanksgiving for the Reckers! Although we didn't celebrate properly, we have so much to be thankful for! Our gratitude for our wonderful families and friends is immeasurable. We are truly blessed!!!!

5 comments:
1.GREAT photos- i love her drooling pic!!
2. you DID have family there, your little (growing) family :)
3. I want her!! need a babysitter?
I am also a fan of the drooling picture, but I dig the ruffles too. Only when your a baby, right? LOL!
I remember reading that you should try to give the baby the foods like a dozen times or more. It's all new to them, so it takes longer for them to decide if they like it! Good luck!
hi megan
i love this new pictures avery is so beautiful.
his hair is growing and she is very pretty.
is truth that luke juice a good game last day.he is the best
i hope you are well.
bye,bye
Avery is just adorable! We missed you at Thanksgiving. Love to all of you.
Patty
WOW...she is definitely changing a ton. She is starting to look a lot like you, at least in these pics. That pic at your Mom and Dad's she looks just like Luke, but now I am seeing you in her a lot. She is just adorable Meg!!
We missed you at Thanksgiving....miss and love you all!!
Post a Comment