Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Avery esta muy famosa!


Avery is famous! She was in the paper last week for being the best baby EVER BORN! No, it was actually because she looks so darn cute in her ear protection at Luke's games. The caption translates, "At not even 5 months, Avery Recker accompanies her father, Luke Recker, to work, like this. With headphones to preserve her sleep, the youngest child of the team dreams of little angels playing basketball!" Cute!

In other news...I had a minor surgery yesterday. Without going into detail, I had some complications with my healing after Avery's delivery. Luckily, I have a doctor here who I know and trust (the same OB/GYN that did most of my prenatal care) so I felt very comfortable and in good hands. Don't get me wrong...having surgery in a foreign country is especially anxiety-provoking, but everything went very smoothly. I had an epidural and conscious sedation, so they made sure I didn't feel/remember a thing! It was strange getting an epidural this time around...I was less than enthused about getting a needing in the spine when I hadn't been having contractions for 27 hrs! Also, they didn't numb the area before the big prick. A different experience indeed! So, I'm tired, slow and a little sore, but I have the best distraction in the world: My Aves!
My mom left this morning. Wah wah. We had such a great time with her and I miss her already. I am already counting down the days til she comes back, and she's not even halfway across the Atlantic yet!

5 comments:

Pecas said...

what a cute story about your baby in the paper!! I singed up to follow your blog, I LOVE IT!!

hope you heal well post op!!

patri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
patri said...

Avery is very beautiful in those matches.yes i sow in the paper too i think las week.
here you've got a photo of Avery and your mum in the match,it is de photo number 25

http://www.elcorreodigital.com/ vizcaya/multimedia/fotos/23703.html
bye,bye
kisses

Patty said...

Oh how cute a little celebrity already. Take care of yourself and I hope you feel 100% very soon. Love to all of you.
Patty

erin said...

Oh Meg, I hope you are recovering OK! Good thing Mamma Bear is there to help. Avery is simply edible! I can't take the cuteness!!!!!! Love you, Erin