Sunday, March 16, 2008

Luke 6 weeks (of not playing): Sunday, March 16 2008


My friend Courtney blog-tagged me to answer some questions about my baby daddy for the blog. So, here goes...


What is his name? Lucas Andrew Recker


How long have you been married? 5 years on July 19th


How long did you date? We were engaged after 5 MONTHS of knowing each other! So, not long, but we were engaged for a year and a half. It didn't take long for us to know that we were meant to be (awwwww!)


How old is he? He turns the big 3-0 on June 17th! Perhaps he'll be sharing his b-day with our little one!


Who eats more? Luke...hands down! I would take Luke any day in an eating contest! He may even give Kobayashi a run for his money! Don't believe me? He once gained 19 pounds in 3 days after a season!


Who said I love you first? It was Luke, but not before making me suffer a little! He would look at me all sincerely and say "Meg, I love........basketball!" Then one day he substituted you for basketball just when I was about to give him a smack down!


Who's taller? Me by a hair! lol!


Who can sing better? Simon would say that we're both rubbish, but it doesn't stop us from trying!


Who is smarter? Luke is very smart, but I do kick his butt in Jeopardy nightly!


Who does the laundry? Me...fo' sho'! After he Barbi-sized one of my shirts, he's not allowed near the washer or dryer!


Who pays the bills? Luke. I'm no Suze Orman!


Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Luke


Who mows the lawn? Some dude with sweet tats and a cig hanging from his mouth from the condo association.


Who cooks dinner? Me


Who is a better cook? I would say me, but Luke makes a mean omelette!


Who drives? Luke does the majority of the driving over here. At home we both drive.


Who is more stubborn? Me!


Who kissed who first? He kissed me in the Jimmy (with the sweet Luke24 license plates!).


Who asked who out first? Luke asked me out, and I had to confess I had a boyfriend. I still gave him my number as "friends" and he called me 4 days later wondering if I still had that "problem"! I told him no and the rest is history!


Who proposed? Luke, at 9a.m. on a Tuesday morning of finals week, in my apartment in Iowa City! How romantic! I didn't hesitate for a second and wouldn't change it for the world!


Who is more sensitive? I knew Luke was more sensitive when I saw tears streaming down his face during Extreme Home Makeover!


Who has more friends? Probably Luke.


Who has more siblings? Luke has 4 sisters and a step brother, so he wins. I only have one brother.


So, Court, with all due respect, I think I have the best husband in the world! He's the greatest partner, friend, and future father a girl could wish for! He makes me laugh every day, even when I feel there is nothing to laugh about. I respect and appreciate him more and more each day and feel so blessed to have him in my life!

2 comments:

Jason Smith said...

Meg, good job blogging Mr. B. Ah, the sweet Luke24 plates. Great memories. Luke, nice bump. Hope the 3-D ultrasound goes well!

Katie said...

OMG! Meg, you look great! I love what you've done with your hair! Hehe, I'm easily amused.