We celebrated Avery second birthday last Sunday. We had a Minnie Mouse themed b-day party for her at my parent's house in Madison. Uncle Matt and Aunt "Wesey" (Lesley) were there to help us celebrate. It was so much fun. Avery loved every second of the festivities. Nearly a week later, every time I ask her what she wants to do today she says "birthday!?!" She was very in to the whole birthday concept. Her mantra all day was: "birthday. bazoons (balloons). cake. candles. blow. presents. open."
I'm sure most of you reading this already know by now that we are expecting another baby! Baby Recker #2 is due on January 2, 2011! We couldn't be happier or more grateful to be expanding our family. I know Avery will be an excellent big sister and a great little helper to me. I've been feeling pretty good. I have been extremely tired, but now I'm gaining some energy back every day. I had an ultrasound about a month ago and saw the little "bean" in there growing away. And at my most recent appointment I was able to hear the heartbeat, which was just as miraculous and amazing as the first time around. Such a reassuring sound...I could listen to it for hours. The HR was 160, so according to the old wives tale, it's another girl! We find out for sure August 18th. Can't wait! So...maybe a Christmas baby? a New Years Eve baby? Or perhaps a 1/1/11 baby!
And now he is 4!
13 years ago

2 comments:
Happy Birthday Avery!
And congrats again on the forthcoming baby! :)
Happy 2nd Birthday Avery!!! Congrats on baby # 2!!!
Post a Comment