Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's about time!

It's been way to long since I've updated. Here's what we've been up to:
Avery has been escaping from her crib for weeks now, but she never did it at night...til last week. We decided, ready or not, it was time for a big girl bed. The first week was rough. She had a tough time getting to sleep, was waking up crying, and getting out of her bed several times per night. We felt like we had a newborn in the house again and were exhausted! Thankfully, I think we're over the hump, and nights are much more restful in the Recker house this week!
Her facial expression pretty much sums up how she felt about her big girl bed the first couple nights!
What a big kid! Hard to believe my baby is out of the crib...long before I was ready for it!

Painting (w/ water) at Buppa and Gigi's house




Helping Dad rake

Our friends, Tim and Gina, along with their adorable son Donovan came over a couple weeks ago. Avery and "D" had a great time together. They were so busy that this is the best pic I could get of the two of them!

We were so happy to have a visit from Aunt Annie and cousins Abby and Jacob. Avery looooved having them here. She still asks me everyday about them! Can't wait to see you guys again soon!
We were also lucky enough to have a visit from Nana and Papa Pepple. They took care of Avery on Saturday and Sunday so Luke and I could attend my very good friend Kit's wedding in Des Moines. It was such a beautiful and fun wedding. We had a wonderful time, and I know Aves has an equally wonderful time at home with Nana and Papa. She cried and cried when they left :( Good thing we have a trip to Indiana scheduled in a couple weeks!


No comments: