Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Big One

Our little girl turned one year old on Saturday! What an amazing year it's been! We had a wonderful weekend celebrating her.
From this on 6/20/08

To this on 6/20/09

She was very excited to dig into all of her presents

Poor thing didn't get anything for her birthday.

I think Avery is the first one year old to ever reject her cake! I was fully prepared for a sugary, sticky mess, but this girl wanted no part of it! She took one small bite, and didn't want any more. How can a child of mine not like cake?!? I suppose it's a good thing, but I doubt it lasts for long!

We went to the zoo on Saturday. Here's our little polar bear

With Nana and Papa Pepple at the zoo

3 comments:

Maria said...

Happy Birthday Avery!

I assure you she is not the first birthday girl (or boy) to reject that first birthday cake. The Boy did not like his either. :)

patri said...

happy birthday Avery!!
she is the sweetest lady in the world.
I love the new update.
one year so fast y I can't believe how beautiful she is

Baby Worthington said...

Happy 1st Birthday Avery!!! She is getting so big. I love the picture with all her toys and the look on her face, priceless. Hope to see you guys sometime this summer.